Abbot Point is the government’s preferred port for developing the specialist coal-handling infrastructure required to export coal from the Galilee Basin.
Waratah Coal Pty Ltd proposes the ‘Abbot Point Stand Alone Jetty Project’, located within the Abbot Point State Development Area and Abbot Point Port Precinct.
The proposed Abbot Point Stand Alone Jetty project will be developed to:
- Provide the required port infrastructure, and associated upstream infrastructure;
- Facilitate the development of some of the world’s richest coal deposits;
- Enhance the efficiency of specialised coal export facilities at the port of Abbot Point;
- Leverage the benefits through technological development and knowledge transfers;
- Provide an ‘end to end’ solution for the Galilee Basin supply chain in conjunction with the already approved Waratah Coal mine & heavy haul rail line; and
- Provide increased certainty and reduced costs for other currently marginal projects in the Galilee Basin.